To celebrate one month of marital bliss, my husband and I took a weekend trip to Nantucket. We grabbed our Sperry’s and hopped on the ferry over to Nantucket Island.
We stayed at the Jared Coffin House which is right in the village.
Must See Spots on Nantucket:
- Murray’s Toggery Shop – This old school store is home of the famous Nantucket Reds.
- The village of Sconset – This tiny village is our favorite spot on the island. A long morning walk among the tiny vine covered cottages is one of the most restful things on the planet!! Be sure to notice all the adorable signs with the cottage names.
- Sankaty Head Lighthouse – Look to your right and you can see Spain! (Okay, maybe not. But it’s there.) The lighthouse was built in 1850 and is still functioning.
- Nantucket Ice Cream Shop – While I was disappointed they discontinued my favorite flavor of Snickerdoodle, the Toll House cookie sandwich was an A+.
- The Brotherhood of Thieves – You must eat here! We went on Saturday night with friends… and we went again on Sunday for lunch – yes, it was that good. Get the calamari. Yumm, I’m about to swim over just thinking about it.
We rented a motor scooter for the weekend from Nantucket Bike Shop, since most people don’t bring their cars over to the island. Since the island is only 30 miles wide, it was an excellent source of transportation!