To say I am anxiously awaiting the epic final film installment of the Harry Potter movies would be an understatement.
Although I was a little slow on the uptake when the books came out, I read all of them a few years ago and have continued to re-read them on a regular basis.
To help curb my appetite, as I have been watching the HP movies this week and keep seeing the trailer on TV, here are my top 9 Etsy HP buys:
1. These earrings are possibly the cutest Harry Potter paraphernalia I came across. Subtle enough for us nerdy muggles to pull off.
2. This is a classic HP charm necklace. A pendant for those with a penchant for the Boy who Lived.
3. Looking to send a post by owl? Send one of these adorable notecards! “I love you like Neville loves Herbology”. Love it!! Although I don’t think my husband would get it…
4. SPOILER. For those of you who haven’t read the books…. don’t read the next sentence….. really. Stop here. *Sigh, we find Severus Snape’s soft spot. (There. Was that vague enough for you movie-only watchers? I hate giving away things.)
5. My lifelong dream is to become a vela. I will be one step closer with their awesome hats! Now I just need to learn how to flutter and I’ll be on my way to Beauxbattons.
6. I solemnly swear that I’m up to no good. This metal-pressed keychain is cute. Although I’d rather have a real Marauder’s Map instead!
7. I would love to hang this up in the subway and crash into it with a shopping cart!
8. LUNA LOVEGOOD earrings! AHH!! Haha! Luna is the greatest little weirdo in the HP series. Put on a pair of these and grab a Quibbler and you’re set to go.
9. Yum. Pumpkin juice. I wonder if they also sell this at the Disney Harry Potter World? I’ve heard the Butterbeer is delish.
“I always knew that Harry’s story would end with the seventh book, but saying goodbye has been just as hard as I always knew it would be. Even while I’m mourning, though, I feel an incredible sense of achievement. I can hardly believe that I’ve finally written the ending I’ve been planning for so many years. I’ve never felt such a mixture of extreme emotions in my life, never dreamed I could feel simultaneously heartbroken and euphoric.”
Says J.K. Rowling on the Deathly Hallows.
I read once that J.K. Rowling started telling her son a made-up story about a wizard named Harry. I remember she said that the character Harry walked into her head fully formed.
I’d like for a multi-billion dollar idea to just walk into my head please.
Beware. It will be stuck in your head for the next day.