With the day of hearts and flourish next week, I wanted to share some letterpress valentine’s I have been spying lately on Etsy.
I love me some Valentine cards. Every year, until this year, I buy the funny grade school kind from the grocery store. Cards with Strawberry Shortcake on them saying “I think you’re a very sweet Valentine!” I don’t think I can get away with those shenanigans anymore, so I’ve set my sight on swankier salutations.
1. I don’t know what I like more about this valentine from Echo Letterpress, the fact that I love corn-on-the-cob or that is reminds me of summer in the bitterness of February. Happy Love Day Paula Dean.
2. I love this one from 1331Design. Nothing like a little graphic design humor. Hehehe.
3. It’s always hard to find a good non-pink/red Valentine! This pirate-inspired poster from Handz would be great for one of your mateys.
4. You can’t buy me love, but you can buy me this Beatlemania-inspired valentine from Vandalia Street Press
5. Any other Princess Bride fans out there? This poster from The Big Harumph is inconceivable!!
6. Being an art and writing major, I never got all the sciencey-nerd jokes before. Now that I’ve worked in the biotech industry for a few years it’s growing on me. As is this card from Steel Petal Press.
7. My Scandinavian husband would love these! They are coasters from Fluid Ink Letterpress, and you could write a cute note on the back!
8. This sweet vintage bicycle valentine from Inkadinkadoodle is reminiscent of classic Valentine’s Day.
9. It’s no surprise that I love this nautical-inspired card from SweetDee. Anchors aweigh!
(Is it just me or do the hubba-hubba valentine cards give you the heebie-jeebies?)