In the last week I’ve tossed three cereal bowls and a dinner plate. Our cheerful sunflower yellow everyday dishes from Target are on their last legs, or should I say our last fingers, as our dishes have started to turn scalding hot in the microwave (and begun to crack – hence the need to toss some). Suffice it to say that new dishware has been on my mind.
Around this time of year, outdoor dining accessories flood the retail space. In fact, I nearly bought a fun set of Cynthia Rowley melamine dishes yesterday! I have a small set of melamine dessert plates in our picnic basket, but am considering getting a whole set for dining. They aren’t only unbreakable, but come in so many fun colors and patterns it’s hard to say no!
Here are some of my favorites:
1. Thomas Paul Amalfi 11″ Dinner Plate
2. Benidorm Yellow Le Cadeaux Dinner Plate
3. First Impression melamine Plates by Lilly Pulitzer
4. Kat Melamine Dinner Plate by French Bull
5. Grass Melamine Dinner Plate by French Bull
6. Simple Chevron 10″ Melamine Plate, Red, by Nicole Porter
7.La Med Melamine Dinner Plates from Williams Sonoma
8. Côte d’Azur Melamine Salad Plate by Jonathan Adler
9. Zak Designs Carnival 10-3/4-Inch Dinner Plates
I am LOVING the French Bull Grass plates right in the middle – crazy and colorful – which is right up my alley. How fun would it be paired with some of these Ziggy collection serving pieces?
For those of you wary of plastic dinnerware – read more here at SafeMama about melamine dishes. I’m always wary of using plasticware for heating, so I probably wouldn’t microwave melamine or put them in the dishwasher no matter what the plate said. But – to each their own!
Which melamine plate set would you pick? Do you have melamine dishes?