This week I got lots of greens – kale, arugula, romaine. And at the store we got turnip greens and spinach.
Why so many greens? Well, we’ve started juicing!
The juicing basics I’ve learned so far:
– Wash your vegetables beforehand! Especially if you get veggies from your local CSA – they come with a little more dirt 🙂
– When juicing, start with your greens. The other flavors will blend into the green juice
– Before you drink your juice, skim off the foam. These nutrients have already oxidized.
– Drink your juice within 10 minutes of making it
– Drink your juice first thing in the morning to absorb the nutrients. Eat breakfast 15 minutes later. (Juicing is not a meal replacement, it’s like a vitamin).
– Don’t use a lot of fruit to keep sugars low. I use an apple or carrots to sweeten my juice.
I definitely don’t claim to be an expert. I’d love to know if you have any juicing tips? Am I getting it right or wrong?