For ONCE in my life, I actually did a pretty good job accomplishing my resolutions!
We started a new New Year’s Eve tradition last year.
I write down six questions.
Questions about what we are proud of in the year that is ending and what we look forward to in the year to come.
Happy New Year! I hope everyone rung in the New Year with confetti and glitter and far too much food. 😀
My resolutions for 2012 are:
1. Less house. More play.
2. Eat more fresh produce – join our CSA in the spring!
3. Get to know my sewing machine and camera better.
But before we move on to the new year, let’s look back at my 2011 most popular project posts:
2011 was a great year! I went skiing for the first time in Colorado, we packed up our apartment by the beach to buy our first home, I’ve been to Home Depot more times this year than I’d ever have imagined, used more tools I’ve never seen before, celebrated out first anniversary in Cape Cod and lived through the Halloween “ThunderSnow”.
It was a good year. Here’s to 2012!
How did you spend New Year’s Eve?
This week is one of my favorite weeks all year.
The Christmas shopping and cooking are done. No New Year’s parties and outfits to plan. Resolutions to fulfill, yes, but overall it’s nice to have a fresh start. 2010 was an amazing year – I got married, as did seven of my good friends. Yes. Seven. 2010 was the year of the wedding. Not only was I planning my own wedding, but also attending the bridal showers, engagement parties, bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, weddings and brunches of many other happy couples.
My Goals for 2011:
1. Cooking. I love cooking, and I have recently acquired a number of new cookbooks. One goal of mine is to be regularly cooking healthy meals. Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution is one I have been using recently. Delicious!
2. This Blog. I actually have a B.A. in writing and was a newspaper reporter and editor for years. Upon graduating and finding a job, my design degree won one and I’ve been working in the graphic design field ever since. I miss writing on a regular basis and I’d like to continue to even with a casual routine like this blog.
3. Exercise. Unfortunately, 2010 also brought me through four surgeries. It’s been quite the year for health! Thankfully I’m making progress, but my exercise routine got quite the beating.